Welcome, readers!

Welcome to H&J's adventure blog! Please enjoy your stay, and please do leave comments for us. We love to hear back from our readers. We also love taking requests for future posts. Anything you want us to blog about? Just email us. Thanks for reading!

Services We Recommend

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Gratis tix to Tallinn

As many of our faithful readers know, H is the scion of a family which boasts a long line of Scottish accountants. Which is another way of saying that H is drawn to good deals the way that hungry bunnies are drawn to lettuce. So when she received an email earlier this week, offering a free round trip to Tallinn, Estonia (aboard the Tallink Cruise Line's M/S Victoria, which turned out to be much nicer than Viking Line's M/S Cinderella) if only we would act as ticket couriers for some SSE classmates on a trip to Russia, H hesitated just long enough to ask, "J, would you be satisfied with a single day in Tallinn, so long as the cruise tickets cost us nothing?" To which I gamely replied, "Where's Tallinn?"

Have I mentioned that my mother is an outstanding travel agent?

I wish I could blame my ignorance on someone else, but really, I have no excuse. Until last week I was calling the body of water which separates Sweden and the Baltics, "the North Sea." Which makes sense only if you are either (a) a bit on the slow side when it comes to making the whole Baltic States<->Baltic Sea connection or (b) geographically hopeless. Not that I want to be in either category, but I still choose (a), since I desperately want to believe that I'm not like the schmucks in this clip.

I've watched this clip at least 10 times now, and I am stilled awed by the... Good God! Are these people aware of what they're saying?! (Don't answer that.)

UPDATE (22 March 2007): We're confirmed for our free cruise to Tallinn! Details on our Baltic adventure to follow! Stay tuned!

No comments: